more of the same old thing...

So, I read in Lisa's blog that she's disappointed that people aren't blogging more. I guess I might be one of them (10 days between blogs?). Anyhow, I am back into the swing of things at Brock and for many of you that may not mean much, so here goes...

I am currently enrolled at Brock University in St. Catharines, Ontario working towards a BA in Child & Youth Studies with a minor in German. This semester I have undertaken the challenge of 6 courses (they're listed with brief descriptions at the end of this post). Right now I am in my second year of the program with the intention of finishing it and then heading to teacher's college.

Between attending classes, reading textbooks/articles, doing homework and working part-time, life is definitely busy and tends to fall into a routine of daily activities. And, of course, when your routine doesn't change, it feels like you have nothing to write about. Anyhow, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it...

Until next time...

Carolynn's Courses

Biology - A Human Perspective: For non-science majors: contemporary issues of human concern. For example, cardiovascular physiology, biology of cancer, issues in contemporary biology.

Child and Youth Development: Basic concepts and contemporary issues in the development of the child and youth, including processes in cognitive and social-emotional patterns of change. Developmental theory and research provides the conceptual framework.

Qualitative Research Methods in Child and Youth Studies: Qualitative research design and analysis. Topics include participant observation, interviewing, archival research, discourse analysis, ethics.

Quantitative Research Methods in Child and Youth Studies: Practical, theoretical and ethical issues in quantitative research design including computer applications and analyses.

German - Advanced Language Study: Fluency at an advanced level in speaking, writing and comprehension through tapes, films, written and oral projects, discussions and advanced interpreting and translating.

German Language and Culture through Film: Familiarize students with some of the best German film directors and actors and gain a greater understanding of certain aspects of WW II and its aftermath in Germany, the divided Germany, archetypal themes (e.g. Dracula), and various cultural aspects of Germany explored in recent films.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the flowers idea, I will get her flowers, and a dress, and a handmade basket of sweets. Sned me a peace picture I can put in my Peace Project.

bfn