school :S

I usually look forward to the end of August with sense of eager anticipation because I know it means school is starting again. Yes, I know what I just said. I am one of those weird people who actually enjoys going to school... well, usually. This year has been a bit different. I am not looking forward to this school year.

The reason is quite simple, this year I've been told I have to repeat a class for the third time. No, this wasn't my choice and I don't have a choice if I want to graduate from my program because it is a mandatory course and I can't take any 4th year courses until this course is complete. This adds a full year to my university course and I'll have to pay for it... AGAIN! But because the school's decision was so late in the summer, I can't get the necessary police check documents on time so that I can do the placement portion of the class.

Talk about frustration! I won't go into details because I'm still quite angry about what's happened, but here's what I think I'll do. I won't be at the university but will register for the French as a Second Language program at the local college. I have wanted to continue my French education for quite some time and this will be useful when I actually start looking for teaching positions (plus the local college is WAY cheaper than the university).

No comments: