food for thought


Yup, it's that time of year again! I know, it's crazy how the time flies. In a few hours I'll be thoroughly enjoying a yummy turkey dinner with ALL the fixin's. The table will be laden with turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn, gravy, squash, salad, bread, cranberry sauce and probably a couple of things that I'm forgetting right now. And then, as if that's not enough, for dessert there'll be pumpkin pie and Obst Moos (a cold fruit soup, for those of you who don't know what Obst Moos is). My mouth is already watering in anticipation as I'm writing this.

It's funny how often Thanksgiving is associated with food. Right now, sure, we're taking time to be thankful for family and friends and all the good things in our lives. But at any other time, if we think of Thanksgiving we usually think of turkey. Hmmm... just a little food for thought.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

My grandma used to make something she called pluma moos. That would have to be similar. I loved it even though I wasn't a big fan of raisins

Carolynn said...

yup, it's pretty close.

Technically, the main difference is that plums are the main/only fruit in "Pluma Moos" but "Obst Moos" has all manner of dried fruit (apples, peaches, pears, cherries, raisins, plums and apricots).

The word "Pluma" is plum and "Obst" is fruit.